Our Business Address
11 Rowland St, BEACON WA 6472
PH: (08) 9686 1014
FAX: (08) 9686 1064
(08) 9686 1142/39
Our Business Hours
Beacon CRC, Library & Museum
Mon ~ Fri….9am – 4pm
Closed for lunch 12-12:30pm
Mon Tue Wed Fri..9am-3pm
Thurs….9am – 4pm
Closed for lunch 12-12:30pm
WHO WE ARE
Beacon Community Resource Centre
The Beacon CRC is a not for profit organisation managed by a committee selected by its members. It receives payment from the Department of Regional Development which enables our business to provide the best possible service to our customers.
We are supported by community fundraising, Bendigo Bank commissions, fee for service and business partnerships and sponsorships. We are a community focused organization and we commit ourselves to continually improve and develop as a Centre. We would like to grow as an enthusiastic and ambitious community.
The Beacon CRC has developed immensely since it’s establishment 23 years ago when it began as a Centre primarily focussed on computer access and basic technologies. We have since evolved to include a variety of communications content and community development services which we aim to further develop.
WHAT WE DO
Access to Government Services
Department of Human Services Access Point
Provide free self-help access to Centrelink and Medicare with use of their telephone and fax machine. Staff at Beacon Central can also sight and photocopy proof of identity documents for the Department of Human Services only.
Obtain free access to all government websites and information, including free printing. We also have various brochures and information that may answer any questions you have.
The library is free to become a member and you can point all of your questions and comments on your favourite books to our librarian who comes in once a week. The library is also where you can find the latest information from our Shire Offices.
Social Development Support
Facilitate Social Development Activities
The CRC will endeavour to source facilitators and trainers to come to Beacon for workshops on how to improve your social skills and give you the chance to interact and network with other people that you wouldn’t normally do this with.
Referral to Social Support Networks
If you need help or need any advice on issues from around the home such as depression, illness or problems with drugs/alcohol then we can point you in the right direction.
Provide a Social Environment
We welcome and invite all members of the public to come in and take a load off with a cuppa on our comfy couches. Instant tea and coffee is free while coffee from the machine is $4.
Economic and Business Development Support
Facilitate Business Development Activities
The Beacon CRC will endeavour to source facilitators and trainers to come to Beacon for training workshops on how to further develop and improve your business.
Referral to Business Development and Employment Support
If you need help or need any advice on running your business or finding employment/employer then we can point you in the right direction.
We can help promote and advertise your business through a number of ways. We can even provide you with personalized invoice books and labels to ensure your business is looking as professional as possible.
Services and Products
- Printing, photocopying, binding, laminating and other general business and office needs
- Bendigo Bank Agency
- Hire of equipment such as projector and/or laptop
- Exam Supervision
Building Community Connections
- Communication via emails and social media
- Print and distribute the local newspaper
- Welcome feedback
- Produce the Shire Telephone and Address Directory
- Produce the Beacon 12month calendar which advertises local businesses
We aim to be considered a leading community focused organization within our area by committing our business toward the community’s desires and expectations.
We aim to strengthen the cultural, social and economic well-being of our community through the management of the Centre by providing opportunities for education, training and social interaction and the development of life skills and any other activities consistent with these aims. We are able to focus on this goal and make them a reality by the sources of financial support we receive.
A strong commitment to this mission statement is evident in the range of services and activities which the Centre will be focusing upon in the next year. We aim to reflect on each activity and course run by the CRC so we can evaluate our relevance and value to the community.
The Western Australian Community Resource Network (WACRN) is comprised of over 100 rural, remote and regional CRCs across the state. CRCs are not-for-profit service and information centres that are independently owned and operated by their local communities.
CRCs are contracted by the Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development (DPIRD) to provide access to government and community services and information, and undertake community, business and economic development activities.
Beacon Central Community Resource Centre has been established since 1992 and has achieved much over the years.
- 1992 ~ Establishment of a Telecentre was discussed
- 1994 ~ Community Centre received $100,000 grant towards the proposed building
- 1995 ~ Telecentre funding approved
– Beacon Community Centre Building completed 30/9/05
– Community donated & laid paving bricks for the Centre courtyard.
– Opening of Community Centre 1/10/95
- 1998 ~ Plans to extend Community Centre to house Telecentre Landcare Office Local Newspaper Library & Theatre Arts
- 2000 ~ Granted funding of $203,500 from the Department of Transport & Regional Services Rural Transaction Programs
– Granted funding of $99,000 from the Lotteries Commission
– Granted funding of $99,000 by the Department of Local Government & Regional Development
– A financial contribution & donation of land of $23,151 received from the Shire of Mt Marshall
– Granted funding of $5,500 from Telecentre Support Branch for relocation of the Telecentre’s Telecommunications
- 2003 ~ Building works commenced
- 2004 ~ “Beacon Central” officially opened by the Honorable Mr Wilson Tuckey & the Honorable Mr Kim Chance on 13/3/2004
- 2008 ~ Beacon Telecentre Bendigo Bank Agency established and opened 28th February 2008
2010 ~ New Community Resource Network established to replace Telecentre Network. Official name changed to Beacon Central Community Resource Centre 1/7/2010
Our Management Committee is comprised of enthusiastic and positive community representatives.